Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Twisty side messy bun




This one was a while ago but it was pretty simple. I started by parting the hair from ear to ear and tied the bottom half of hair out of the way. On the top I parted a third of the hair from the front to the part at her crown and had my daughter hold it out of the way. With the two thirds of hair left I parted in half horizontally and made a pony with the back section. Then I took the front section and just twisted it and combined it with the rest. With the other third of her hair that I parted out of the way I made a twist and brought it across and secured it with the side pony. Then I took all the hair in the pony and made a messy bun and untied the back of the hair and combed it down. This sounds a little complicated but it was really simple and fast. I usually use my flat iron to turn the ends of her hair under just a little for a more finished look...but be careful cause those things are super hot! I added a red daisy from Snapbnadz under the messy bun.

1 comment:

  1. This is AWESOME. I'm going to try it on short hair. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete