Saturday, May 19, 2012

Crazy 8

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this hairdo. I started out with a dutch braid along the front and added it into the first messy bun at the base of the neck. To learn how to do the dutch braid along the part, check out our tutorial here. My husband saw me do this hair do and I told him that it had 8 messy buns, which is a lot, and he said we should call it Crazy 8! Gotta love when he gets in on the creativity! After I did the braid along the front I just combed the remaining hair back and started adding little ponies. The first pony had the hair from the braid on the front added into it. I did 8 small ponies right along the base of her neck. I used the little clear elastics like always.
When you have all 8 ponies done just start doing messy buns! I like the hair damp and I use hairspray to keep it smooth and in place. Lately to make a messy bun, I just take the pony and split the hair in half. then I take the top half and fold it up and the bottom down so you have a loop on the top and bottom and put my hand around it and add an elastic. If the hair is long you should have lots of hair sticking out still. So I take another elastic and fold the hair that is sticking out and secure it. Keep doing this until all the hair is secure. I tug around at the loops on the bun until I get the shape and look I want, and add more elastics anywhere it needs one. For a big messy bun I use 6 or 7 elastics. For these little guys I probably only used 3 for each.
To finish it off I added this ADORABLE feather and pearl flower from snapbandz.com. I will be adding them to the site later this week and I have other colors too!

No comments:

Post a Comment